Finally, here is a book that provides brief teachings on the basics of the Faith for everyone. Quickly find answers you need to questions on faith, reason, Church governance, Christology, ecclesiology, Apostolic Succession, the Communion of Saints, the precepts of the Church, and much more.
You will learn - and be able to share - the meaning of the sacraments and the Sacred Liturgy, including the importance of Latin in the Mass, and aspects of the awesome mystery that is occurring. You will grow in reverence for the Holy Eucharist through the writings of saints such as Thomas Aquinas and the early Church Fathers.
Fr. Wade describes God's mercy in a relational way, noting that He manifests His mercy as a gift throughout our lifetime before the inevitability of His justice at our judgment. In addition, Fr. Wade addresses a wide variety of contemporary issues, including:
- Which Church teachings apply to the many unhealthy beliefs promoted in our culture today
- Points of confusion surrounding vocations to the priesthood and consecrated life
- The definition of marriage and the vocation of parents
- What the Church teaches about private revelation, the afterlife, and the Antichrist
- Cultivating personal spirituality and virtues - regardless of your vocation
- Modern dilemmas in moral theology, and much more!
Fr. Wade L. J. Menezes, CPM is a member of the Fathers of Mercy, a missionary preaching Religious Congregation based in Auburn, Kentucky. Ordained a priest during the Great Jubilee Year 2000, he received his Masters degree from Holy Apostles Seminary in Cromwell, CT.