Not Forsaken Bible Study Book
includes printed content for six small group sessions, personal study between group sessions, applicable Scripture, “How to Use This Study,” and tips for leading a group.
We all long for our father’s approval. Whether our earthly fathers were the best, the worst, or somewhere in between, they fell short. All fathers do. And whatever our experience was, we’re not alone. No matter how amazing, absent, abusive, or empowering our fathers were, they couldn’t hand down a perfect blessing to us. No father can. Yet the primary way Scripture reveals God to us is as a Father.
1. The Universal Craving
2. The Most Important Thing about You
3. Seeing God as a Perfect Father
4. Your New Family Tree
5. Finding Freedom
6. Just like Dad!
• Six small group sessions
• Personal-study opportunities between group sessions for ongoing spiritual growth
• Discover the way your relationship with your earthly father affects your relationship with your Heavenly Father.
• See God in light of Scripture as your perfect Father.
• Learn what it means to know God as Father.
• Understand that God knows and loves you.
• Trust God and His ability to care for you.
• Find freedom in your identity as a son or a daughter of God.
• Forgive your father for the hurts of your past.
• Live in the blessing that comes from knowing God as your father.