The Parables of Mercy 9781612789774 Pastoral Resources Living the Jubilee Pontifical Council for the Promotion of the New Evangelization
"Jesus reveals the nature of God as that of a Father who never gives up until He has forgiven the wrong and overcome rejection with compassion and mercy." - Pope Francis
Many of the parables in this book are familiar to us - the prodigal son, the lost coin, the lost sheep, the rich man and Lazarus. The Parables of Mercy provides us with an invitation to see them in a new way, recognizing ourselves in the stories. Through personal reflection we see that mercy is a powerful force that overcomes all, and fills our hearts with God's unbridled pardon and fierce love for us.
This book is one in a series of eight, promulgated by the Pontifical Council for the Promotion of the New Evangelization, which are the official catechetical resources for the Jubilee Year of Mercy (December 8, 2015 - November 20, 2016). Pope Francis will be speaking on these themes in his weekly catechesis throughout the year. "At time we are called to gaze even more attentively on mercy so that we may become a more effective sign of the Father's action in our lives." -- Pope Francis
The Year of Mercy book series includes the following books:
- The Year of Mercy Book Package - All 8 books - Pastoral Resources for Living the Jubilee
- Celebrating Mercy - Pastoral Resources for Living the Jubilee
- The Psalms of Mercy - Pastoral Resources Living the Jubilee
- The Parables of Mercy - Pastoral Resources Living the Jubilee
- Mercy in the Fathers - Pastoral Resources Living the Jubilee
- The Saints in Mercy - Pastoral Resources Living the Jubilee
- Mercy in Teaching of Popes - Pastoral Resource Living Jubilee
- Corporal Spiritual Works - Pastoral Resource Living the Jubilee
- Confession: The Sacrament of Mercy - Pastoral Resource Living Jubilee
As Pope Francis says, we are, as a Church, called to "echo the word of God that resounds strong and clear as a message and a sign of pardon, strength, aid, and love." These books are a guiding light for individuals and parishes to answer that call.